Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crab & Kale Quinoa Salad

I was debating on what to have for dinner tonight as I didn't plan my meals for the week like I usually do due to it being a short week. I did however make up a batch of quinoa when I got home last night (I told you I loved quinoa), as I planned on making Winter Morning Quinoa for breakfast at least a few times this week.

I thought back to the dish I had made the other night with quinoa, tuna and kale, but wasn't really feeling the idea. But it made me come up with another idea that involved canned crab meat and making it into a cold salad instead of a warm dish, and came up with this salad that turned out to be quite delicious! The best part was that I had all the ingredients on hand, and it was really quick to make.

The ingredients (makes 1 salad):

A couple of handfuls of pre-chopped kale, blanched
2 oz crab meat
3/4 cup cooked quinoa, cooled or chilled
1 lemon
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 dash salt
1 dash pepper

Instructions:

Whisk the lemon, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Combine the quinoa, crab meat, kale, and the dressing.
That's it!

This was the result:



Yum... and less than 300 calories!

Nutritional breakdown:

Calories 286
Carbs 37g
Fat 10g
Protein 15g
Sodium 520mg
Sugar 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment