Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Challenge

I decided there's no way I am setting foot in the gym this month, so in lieu of the gym I've decided to challenge myself to actually do the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 video at least 4-5 times a week (in the past I've only gotten up to 1-2 weeks so I don't even know what the 3rd and 4th week look like).

My cat attempting to do mountain climbers
This morning I took some "before" photos of myself and some measurements, I'll share those with the "after" at the end of the month.

I like the Jillian Michaels workouts because they are short and intense, the circuits themselves are only 18 minutes total but combined with the warm up and cool down the whole session is about 25 minutes (30 minutes if you have to pause and take a breath like I do).

I'm not following the meal plan but one of my other goals is to log my food on MyFitnessPal every day. I usually eat 5 meals a day, which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 small snacks (~200 calories), and I try to eat somewhat clean with a proportion of 40/35/25 (carbs/protein/fat).

Today's stats (using a Polar FT7 HRM):

Duration: 31m 48s
Calories: 314
Average HR: 143
Maximum HR: 168
Fat Burn Zone: 9m
Fitness Zone: 22m 14s

As an additional challenge, I've also decided to only allow myself alcohol 3 times this month.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. why aren't you setting foot in the gym this month? Love your blog by the way! I love Stephanie O'dea's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, thanks for reading! I'm avoiding the gym because it's usually crazier than usual after the new year starts, at least until mid-February. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete